[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] 490-XmlViews Processing JSPX files as Facelets

Ed Burns edward.burns at oracle.com
Fri Oct 1 14:47:10 EDT 2010

>>>>> On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 14:24:34 -0400, Andy Schwartz <andy.schwartz at oracle.com> said:

Alexander> I only worried about xml validation in *-extension elements,
Alexander> because it supposed to use by any third-party libraries, and
Alexander> RichFaces widely use these elements to store information
Alexander> required by our tools.

AS> We do the same here.  I agree that we need to be careful about overly
AS> restricting the content that can be present in the extension elements.

Well, if we can't use XML schema to validate it, then we don't need to
bother.  Because we are now using faces-config for configuration data
that otherwise be in the web.xml context-params, and context-params are
not validatable in any case, then I suppose it's not much of a loss.

In any case, the proposal as it stands now does not impose any
restriction at all on the content of the faces-config-extension
elements.

Ed