[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] 490-XmlViews Processing JSPX files as Facelets

Ed Burns edward.burns at oracle.com
Mon Oct 11 21:27:03 EDT 2010

GP> If I'm getting this right Leo is proposing a more general approach
GP> to this configuration. I agree that the facelets-* elements are too
GP> specific here. Wouldn't it make sense to have *optional* VDL
GP> specific config files like facelets-config.xml, jsp-config.xml, and,
GP> if someone writes a swing based vdl swing-config.xml? VDL internal
GP> constants like ViewHandler.DEFAULT_SUFFIX and
GP> ViewHandler.DEFAULT_FACELETS_SUFFIX could serve as defaults
GP> (conventions) and the vdl-config.xmls would be able to override
GP> them. Facelets could then define a special file-extension/process-as
GP> structure in their facelets-config.xml, other VDLs could require
GP> other extensions.

I disagree.  Rather than introduce new config files, which would be *so*
late 20th century, I like the idea of leveraging the
faces-config-extension mechanism built into the JSF config schema.

It would really be great if Dan could chime in here, but I am aware of
JBoss's position regarding not contributing without an active JSR.

Ed