[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] [490-XmlViews] Chapter 11: The JSF XML View Syntax

Martin Marinschek mmarinschek at apache.org
Wed Oct 20 14:32:13 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

just wanted to note that after carefully reading through this thread,
I completely agree with Andy, and with Ed's conclusion of removing
chapter 11. We should definitely not define a new VDL, and even if we
did, we should certainly not disallow passing arbitrary text through
to the response: this would effectively kill off this new VDL right
away, just like JSP as a VDL was killed off by exactly this problem.

I also agree that the level of detail in the section Andy pointed to
would not be needed.

best regards,

Martin

--