[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] [490-XmlViews] RESOLVED: Namespace and DOCTYPE

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Thu Oct 28 17:37:41 EDT 2010

On 10/28/10 5:21 PM, Ed Burns wrote:
> I looked through the latest spec and I can't find any reference to
> an XHTML ResponseWriter,

I believe Blake simply means the ResponseWriter implementation that is
used when rendering xhtml content.  In Mojarra, this is
com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlResponseWriter, which handles
both html and xhtml rendering writing.

>  nor is there any code that automatically
> generates an xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml".  As far as I can see,
> the only way to get an xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" through to
> the user agent is to put it there as Andy suggests.

That's right.  Mojarra issue 1851 requests that HtmlResponseWriter
handle this automatically.

Andy