[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] update on Red Hat's participation in JSR-314 and JSF 2.1

Ed Burns edward.burns at oracle.com
Thu Sep 2 21:48:40 EDT 2010

DA> Ed, Roger and other members of the JSR-314 EG,

[...]

Hi Dan and other experts,

I'd like to remind everyone that the "EG disbands after the JSR is done"
and "JSR sponsor is encouraged but not required to consult the former
EG" processes are the way we've done things for years.  Also, we also
limit the changes we make within an MR to small, well understood
changes.  Nothing I've said changes that.

Dan, you're certainly within your rights in maintaining this stance.  As
we continue to make minor enhancements to JSF through the JCP minor
revision process, I sincerely hope that RedHat will follow through on
its responsibilities as a JCP member when it comes to reviewing
change-logs and spec drafts in the minor revision process.

Roger and I feel the same way about the esprit de corp of this expert
group.  It really is a great group of people and I will do everything
I can to ensure the JSF team in the JCP stays a fun place to work.

Per the process I've outlined here, the JCP MR process does provide a
way to reject proposed changes and send them to a JCP body for full
discussion.  Of course, in the spirit of the way the expert group has
been run since day one, I hope changes can happen amicably here, at
least as a first resort, and only via the EC as a last resort.

Sincerely,

Ed Burns