[jsr-314-open] Composite component metadata runtime behavior

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Fri Feb 4 10:44:14 EST 2011

On 2/3/11 10:49 AM, Kito Mann wrote:
> 1.  Should JSF implementations be making use of composite component
> metadata (like "type") at runtime to enforce the intentions of the
> composite component author?
> Yes, assuming this can be done without sacrificing performance.

There's the rub.  I'd be surprised if we could do that without killing
performance (which is already one of JSF's most common complaints),
though I'd love to see this feature add/specified.  We could only do it
if the PROJECT_STAGE is set to development, which I think would be
sufficient.

--
Jason Lee
Senior Member of Technical Staff at Oracle