[jsr-314-open] Pre-JCP filed draft of JSF 2.2 JSR

Ed Burns edward.burns at oracle.com
Fri Feb 11 15:41:49 EST 2011

Hello Experts,

We can continue the work we've been doing all along, but now we have a
delivery vehicle defined: the JSF 2.2 JSR.

The current draft of the JSR that Oracle plans to submit is at [1] and
you can comment on it by following up to this email.  I'll do my best to
roll the edits into the draft as we go.

I'd like to hand this to JCP by the end of next week so please get your
comments in by then.  Please know that the JSR document describes the
goals of the JSR at a high level, and that the final product will not
look exactly like what is outlined in a JSR.

Also, I would like to know if your company would like to be listed as a
supporter of the JSR when we submit it to the JCP.  For those of you who
are individual members of this expert group, please let me know if you
would like to be listed as an individual supporting the JSR.

The long term plan for JSF evolution now is to do smaller JSRs, one
after the other.  This one is scheduled to be done by end of CY 2011.

This JSR includes a number of items to further flesh out the work we did
in JSF 2.0 and 2.1, as well as many items to address requests from the
community for additional functionality.

We'll be forming a new expert group but we will be creating new mailing
lists similar in spirit and function to what we're doing with
jsr-314-open.  We will be doing these lists entirely on the java.net
infrastructure.  I firmly believe the transparency for which Dan Allen
has advocated will be achieved.

Ed

P.S. I blogged about it as well [2]

[1] http://javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net/nonav/proposals/JSF-2_2-draft.html