[jsr-314-open] Pre-JCP filed draft of JSF 2.2 JSR

Ed Burns edward.burns at oracle.com
Thu Feb 17 16:20:09 EST 2011

SK> Just looking for a quick clarification on the following statement:
SK> Make the composite component feature usable so a "component server" can be
SK> included in a portlet runtime such that portlets can use the components in
SK> context-dependent ways. This feature is known as "remote components" in
SK> the portlet community.

SK> Is 'remote components' referring to WSRP?

No, this is a new idea that was kicking around from the time we
developed the composite component feature and Mike Freedman from the
Portlet spec suggested something very similar.  Considering that a
composite component declares its interface and impl in markup, it's
possible to allow your deployed composite component library to be served
up in response to simple get requests.

SK> Also, do we need to open a new JSR for a JSF 2.x Portlet Bridge?  I see
SK> you have referred to the existing JSR 329 which was written for JSF 1.2.

Personally, I think we do need to open up such a JSR, and having IBM's
support for such a JSR would be very helpful.  However, what *I'm*
trying to establish is support for a new JSR for JSF.  A portlet JSR is
another matter entirely.

Ed