[jsr-314-open] Pre-JCP filed draft of JSF 2.2 JSR

Stephen Kenna kenna at us.ibm.com
Sun Feb 27 14:27:39 EST 2011

Thanks for the explanation Mike.  I believe that 'remote components' is a
worthwhile goal to put into 2.2.  I will inform our Portal/Portlet
Container team so we can get as many eyes looking at this new section as
possible.

Kito,
Thanks for pulling in Neil and Wesley.

I think it still makes sense to keep the JSF spec and the Portlet bridge
spec separate.  I just think that we should make sure we produce, at the
very least, a MR for the bridge for any new content in JSF that affects
it.  I also think a future bridge spec should have its own version instead
of using the current version of JSF and Portlet in its title.  Ed's
inclusion of a JSF 1.2 bridge spec could be seen as confusing.

Regards,
Stephen

stephen kenna                                           ibm websphere
architecture & development
websphere platform web tier lead architect and jsf eg member  |  address:
4205 s miami blvd, durham, nc 27703 | office: m215/503
email: kenna at us.ibm.com  |  phone: (919) 543-5593  |  t/l: 441-5593  |
mobile: (919) 454-1231  |  fax: (919) 254-5250