[keycloak-dev] SaaS login

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 04:23:24 EDT 2013

IMO that's a mistake, there's a lot of duplicated code, and you'll also want to support social login etc. (so more duplicated code) or SaaS when/if it comes to a free "trial" online.

As admin is a JavaScript application it is clearly a remote application and could login the same way as any other remote application does, i.e. through TokenService. The only difference in the two scenarios is that for the admin rest endpoints it would be a small optimization to allow validating the token without a remote call, which would be beneficial for folks that wants to use keycloak for smaller internal deployments (e.g. a single app server running a rest/js style app).