[keycloak-dev] Avoid older user agents?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 07:39:52 EDT 2013

I was thinking more of XSS.  If somebody has logged into Keycloak with
an old browser.  We're protecting the user, not preventing a direct
attack.  Am I right here?

> Checking user agent before setting HttpOnly is also IMO not necessary as most browsers do (in fact IE does all the way back to 6 and Firefox to 3!). Anyone that still uses a browser that doesn't support it today are using a heavily out of date (and unsupported browser) so it will be riddled with vulnerabilities in any case.

No, we would always set HttpOnly.  The cookie spec allows for arbitrary
values.

I just think its so important to think of any security vulnerability and
close it up.  If we get one security hack, our credibility takes a huge hit.