[keycloak-dev] credential management

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Aug 13 07:36:01 EDT 2013

I like the idea of never allowing admins to see passwords. Temporary passwords are not very nice. It would require to have always have a verified means to communicate with the user though (email, SMS, others?).

We should also have an option on the realm that self-registered users are required to confirm their email address (send email with verification link).

Thinking about security issues, at the moment the login form shows a error message that says username is invalid. This allows attackers to confirm the existence of user accounts which is not good. It should simple state "invalid username/password".