[keycloak-dev] Associate social account with IDM user

Matt Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Tue Aug 13 10:56:38 EDT 2013

On 13/08/13 07:43 AM, Marek Posolda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is Marek Posolda from GateIn/JPP software engineering :-)
>
> Picketlink IDM is quite flexible and I think that there are more
> possibilities how to map it. What I am thinking about could be:
>
> 1) Map the attributes related to all social providers directly as part
> of User itself. UserAdapter object (and also user representation in
> Picketlink) has support for dynamic attributes via method
> setAttribute/getAttribute . So it should be possible to use attributes
> with any name and just prefix them for given social network (For
> example: attribute "social.facebook.username" could be used for saving
> of Facebook username, attribute "social.google.username" for saving of
> google username or email)

You should also probably consider that people can have multiple accounts
for each type. I don't have just one google account, I have 3 (and 2 of
them don't end in .google.com).

Its also common for people to use the same email address for multiple
social accounts. It may be neat to automatically ask the user to link
accounts if we notice they have logged in using one social network and
we already have a user with the same email address registered (and of
course perform the required security checks before doing the account
merge).