[keycloak-dev] What next

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Aug 15 09:50:21 EDT 2013

On 8/15/2013 9:32 AM, Bill Burke wrote:

>> ATM all that's needed to stop the leak is to change "new Transaction(false)" to "new Transaction()" everywhere (for example RealmsResource.getTokenService).
>>

> Can't do that as the locators are initializing session dependent objects
> i.e. ResourceModel.
>
>> We could also remove the filters all together, and make Transaction open the session instead?
>>

> Transaction already opens the session.  KeycloakSessionCreateFilter is
> not currently enabled.  KeycloakSessionCleanupFilter is only enabled as
> a failsafe just in case there was a coding error.
>
> BTW, I actually don't remember why I did it this way.  I know there was
> a problem with JAX-RS filters I just can't remember what it was.  Maybe
> it was just a late-night coding error where your brain is too tired and
> hallucinates.  It looks like Resteasy should run the appropriate
> response filters.  I'll re-investigate and provide a patch to keycloak
> to remove Transaction and do everything in jax-rs filters if possible.

Ahhhh!  I remember now....forward() skips jaxrs response processing and
thus response filtering.  Resteasy assumes that forward() sent back a
response to the client. I'll provide a resteasy release with Undertow
integration and fix the ExceptionMapper forwarding problem.  BTW, we
could use Undertow right now, but there's a lot of initialization you'd
have to do that would be better services by integration provided by
Resteasy.