[keycloak-dev] removing resteasy from adapter requires:

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 20:27:52 EST 2013

removing resteasy dependencies from adapter dependencies requires:

* Forking and gutting JOSE-JWT module so we can have JSON web signatures
(and maybe JWE later too)
* Forking UriBuilder.  There's a lot of functionality there that will
make our code easier.
* Forking some of UriInfo as again, a lot of helper methods there that
will make our coding easier.
* Relying on Apache Http Client APIs compatible with 4.1.2.  This
version is compatible with the version that comes in both AS7 and EAP
and Wildfly.  Wildfly may upgrade to 4.3 and I don't know if this
version maintains backward compatibility with 4.1.2.  I just don't think
using java.net.URL for client HTTP is very feasible and I distinctly
remember having problems with connection caching and things like that.

I thought about using the Resteasy client that comes with AS7, EAP,
Wildfly, but I'm worried that users may upgrade Resteasy to an
incompatible version.

I'm also still going to use Jackson 1.9.x.  Jackson 2.x uses an entirely
different package name so we're safe relying on it.