[keycloak-dev] Keycloak server environments

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Sat Dec 14 07:57:46 EST 2013

Currently Keycloak runs on Undertow and relies heavily on Resteasy. This doesn't work for the LiveOak project in the long run.

After M1 I would like to create a Keycloak core that doesn't depend on Undertow or Resteasy. This should provide most of the logic except for wiring-up endpoints. For WildFly/EAP I would assume we'd provide endpoints using Undertow/Resteasy. Those would live in the Keycloak project. Then me and Marek will provide endpoints using Liveoak, these would live in the Liveoak project.

Further, for some dependencies I'd also like to make these pluggable. For example http client and json processing. Not sure what libraries would be required, but I basically don't want to bring in yet-another-library if one exists in Liveoak that can do the job.

In summary what I want to do is to make sure Keycloak can be run on both WildFly/EAP and LiveOak and at the same time:

* Share as much as possible of the code
* Implement REST endpoints in Liveoak with the minimum amount of code
* Reduce the amount of dependencies Keycloak introduces in Liveoak