[keycloak-dev] Home page

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Jul 19 17:31:06 EDT 2013

On 7/19/2013 5:08 PM, Gabriel Cardoso wrote:

>>> There is nothing wrong, but I guess we don't want to copy the
>>> OpenShift homepage.
>>>

>> Unless there's something wrong with it, why not?  Isn't this what a UXD
>> team is supposed to help foster?  Common company websites that have the
>> same navigation patterns and look and feel?
> You are right. It is good to have the same structure. Regarding the look
> and feel, Open Shift is not using what was proposed by the RCUE initiative.

There's just three things users need to know from the front page:

* That there is an Online Cloud SaaS Login Service
* That you can download and install this yourself if you want
* That there is an open source community around it

If you don't like Openshift's page and want something more in line with
RCUE, I leave it up to you.  But, my own personal preferences is as
little as possible on the front page.  Direct to the point, and not a
lot of detail.

>> "Easy Installation" and "Definition" will be different between Online
>> and Enterprise.  I still like the Openshift front page, minus their menu
>> page which would be replaced by a Login link at the top right corner.
> Got it.
>
>> Secure your applications and services in the cloud.
>>   Single-Sign On Authentication Services.
> Much better slogan than mine :)
>
>> [Online]
>>   Public SaaS
>>
>> Run your authentication services in the cloud.  Create realms, manage
>> users, integrate with social media, secure your apps, all in one central
>> cloud service on the Web.
> Do people understand the concept of realm?

Probably not.  Good point.

"Manager users and permissions, integration with social media, secure
your apps..."

>> [Enterprise]
>>   Private SaaS
>>
>>   Download Keycloak and install it as a authentication appliance in
>> your own datacenters and private clouds.
>>
>>   [Learn more]
>>
>> [Download Now]
> Since it is enterprise, it would not be [REQUEST EVALUATION] instead of
> [Download Now]?

Sorry, [Learn more] and [Download Now] would be under the enterprise
block.  Does that make more sense?

> Maybe we could emphasize the support and some advantages of the
> enterprise version in the text too.

Nah, they can learn about that when they click [Learn more]

>> [Community]
> Colaborative SaaS?
>>
>> Join our growing open source community.  Check out the source and
>> interact with Keycloak developers.
>>
>> [Learn more]
> I put [JOIN THE COMMUNITY] as call to action.
>
> The texts are cool, but they must have more or less the same number of
> characters to fit the same number of lines. We probably need to resume
> the text about "Online".

Yeah, we'll ahve to come up with the appropriate marketing bullshit that
sounds good. :)

> How about the Learn more pages? Maybe we could elaborate appropriate
> content for the another milestone, not this one?

Ya, we can leave the learn more pages blank for now.