[keycloak-dev] Keycloak M1 distribution

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 11:12:17 EDT 2013

> I've committed something for this now. I added a server war module, and a dist module. If you build the project with "-Prelease" it will create a standalone Keycloak server in dist/target. At the moment it is built on-top of AS 7.1.1.Final.

I wish we could distribute EAP.... PM really fucked us by holding up AS7
community releases.

I'd like to also like to have the following:

* remove AS7/Wildfly subsystems that don't make sense to make the distro
smaller.

* Automatically generate keypair/cert for SSL on startup if not already
set up.

* secure JBoss/Wildfly web console with Keycloak.  This means adding an
Application to the "Keycloak Adminstration" realm and applying
appropriate permissions to "admin" user.

more comments follow...

> Currently the database is not configured and it's just using the example datasource (H2 in-mem, so data is lost on restart).

This will look really nice.

>> Also, not sure how much it makes sense to ship a Wildfly distro without
>> a Wildfly application adapter.  I only partially implemented it a few
>> months ago.  It on the short list for my todo list.
>
> At the moment there's blockers for being able to use WildFly, the adapter and issues with PicketLink. Besides, it's only a beta at the moment, so I don't think it's to unreasonable that we ship M1 with AS 7.1.1.Final.

I need to do a Wildfly adapter sooner rather than later to make sure the
Undertow auth model will work with what we want to do.  I'm also
currently creating a pure JPA model (see previous email) so we dont'
have to worry about PL issues anymore.