[keycloak-dev] implement JPA model

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 13:11:52 EDT 2013

On 11/1/2013 11:17 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Bill,
>     this is just a cop out.

Like I said, we can easily swap out persistence engines.

> You very well know this is just going to create more headache
> if ever KeyCloak is integrated into Wildfly. :)

Well, at the present, Picketlnk is a headache to deal with.  So, I'm
removing the headache for now.  If you don't like it, well, too bad :)

> In future versions of WF (starting WF9), we want to make use of PL IDM
> for the user stores across the subsystems. That is the reason we are
> implementing a JDBC store implementation in addition to the JPA store when
> a database is involved.

Like I said, we can easily swap out persistence engines.  We're also not
going to wait for WF9.  We're going to integrate now and have an
integrated experience for AS7, EAP6.1, and WF8.

> Unfortunately KeyCloak implementing its own JPA model will just increase
> the technical debt when we deal with an integrated system such as WildFly
> from a developer user experience perspective. :(

Correct, users will have a "technical debt" to Keycloak because it will
be an awesome integrated user experience, instead of the cluster fuck we
have now :)

Bill