[keycloak-dev] implement JPA model

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 11:25:01 EST 2013

On 11/4/2013 11:05 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> What I cannot accept is Bill's refusal to look at what we are trying to
> tell him and cop out
> in the guise of timelines. The PL team has very limited time in engaging
> in lengthy email
> discussions but we are willing to help in any manner if the team shows
> interest in listening
> to us.

Anil, what exactly are you trying to tell me?  That there's some
mythical "unified developer experience" I'm missing out on?  An
experience that currently doesn't exist at all, even in Wildfly?  An
experience that you're promising for WF9?  What is Keycloak supposed to
do until then?

What's frustrating is that our data model is simple.  So simple it only
takes one or two days to write a JPA or Mongo implementation for.  I
just refuse to spend weeks and weeks like I did this summer wading
through Picketlink code and/or waiting for next next patch to be
released to make Picketlink usable.  Until this magic Picketlink
"unified developer experience" comes to fruition, we're doing our own
backend.