[keycloak-dev] Loading feedbacks

Gabriel Cardoso gcardoso at redhat.com
Tue Nov 5 10:57:09 EST 2013

Hi guys,

I was talking to Alex and we agree that the "Loading…" feedback  is important to the user. We identified three situations where it happens in Keycloak:

1. When accessing the console right after logging in
2. When browsing to another page
3. When clicking on a button in a form, like "Save".

For the situations 1 and 2, we could display a loading spinner in the middle of the page, like this: http://ejsclient-cardosogabriel.rhcloud.com/loading.html . I'm considering that right after clicking a link, the content area gets empty, so this loading would be easily visible. Is that correct?

For the situation 3, we could just replace the text of the button by "Loading…" wile the request is processed.

Do you guys see other situations where a loading feedback is necessary? Do you think this solution cover our demand?

Thanks,
Gabriel

--
Gabriel Cardoso
GateIn Portal | User Experience Designer