[keycloak-dev] Admin console

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 10:58:53 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Already merged thanks to Villiam - and looking much better than before btw ;)

> * We need a way on the admin console to change a user's account status
> i.e. password reset or totp reset/removal, etc...
> * User's account status needs to change if the required credentials is
> changed to add an additional mechanism.  i.e. adding TOTP as a requirement.

At the moment when a user tries to log in we check if totp is required by realm and not configured for user, and if it is we add a required action at that point. We also check email verification.

I guess we could quite easily add required actions to all users to configure totp and verify email if those settings are changed in the realm. Is that a M1 priority though?

> * We need a "Installation" screen on the application page that shows a
> sample .json config file

realm, resource, realm-public-key, auth-url, code-url, ssl-not-required, credentials (with password: 'INSERT-PASSWORD') - anything else?

At the moment the realm id is just to lookup the realm (so it's something like /realms/4-1384442411866/..). Would it not be better to simply use the name, and require that the name is unique?

> * There's a bunch of other stuff in JIRA

I'll go through jira and see what's related to admin console