[keycloak-dev] Changes to landing page

Gabriel Cardoso gcardoso at redhat.com
Mon Nov 18 14:30:28 EST 2013

> The original intent of loading a realm on the first page was to optimize
> the number of user actions.  If most users only configure one realm,
> then it doesn't make sense to show a list of realms. IMO, if there is
> only one realm beyond "Keycloak Adminstration", then automatically load
> that realm as the first page.  This will reduce the number of user clicks.

Trying to cover both cases:
- Present the Realm settings page, if there is only ONE REALM set up.
- Present a list of realms, it there is MORE THAN ONE REALM.

If we always present a specific realm, it would be like trying to guess which realm the user would edit. And we won't be always right...
If we always present a list of realms, well, this wouldn't be very wise if the user has only one realm.

But another landing page with some interesting data for the user might be good as well. I'm just not sure if we should invest time on this now. So I'd go for my solution above :)

Gabriel

--
Gabriel Cardoso
GateIn Portal | User Experience Designer