[keycloak-dev] Server provisioning

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Oct 2 08:28:15 EDT 2013

I've been thinking about this a bit.  I still think we should consider
bundling Keycloak distro with JBoss/Wildfly.  We'd have to reinvent
classloading, JDBC connection pooling, dir structure, and non-security
management.  Something, IMO, JBoss does well.

> I've started work on a server bundle and an openshift quickstart. The server bundle contains a main class that starts Undertow with Keycloak deployed. It's available at:
>

> If social and mail settings was configured on a realm it could be configured through the admin console instead of through system properties. The admin console would be easier to deploy if it was moved into a separate jar module (web fragment). As a jar it can be included on the classpath and the css/htmls will be available (this is how forms is "deployed").

This is on my todo list.  I also want to set up a script for dev mode to
set up appropriate soft links, etc. so its easy to develop things like
the admin console.

I was going to start separating out the persistence stuff into a set of
modules api/, picketlink/, jpa/, and mongo/  will this conflict with
anything you are doing?