[keycloak-dev] Feedback on Oauth Clients

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Oct 7 07:01:46 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

I think this should be part of the admin console, not the account management. A realm should have an option to enable "user-defined applications" or whatever you'd call them. I also think that users should have a roles associated with them to be allowed to login to the admin console + to create applications.

When a realm user logs in to the admin console he should be able to create applications under the realm, but not to change any realm configurations, nor create new realms, etc.. Applications created by such users should be "OAuth Client", not "Keycloak Applications", so the grant page would pop-up on login.

In fact a realm user should be able to login to the admin console and perform any operation the user has been given access to do?