[keycloak-dev] Default roles for realms and applications

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 08:08:54 EDT 2013

Never mind, I'm being an idiot. I think I get it now:

There's a default group for a realm. When a user registers he automatically becomes a member of the "default" group. To add realm roles to default users you just add a realm role to the group, then to add roles for individual applications you add application roles to the group. Same when you create a new application you add the default application roles to the default group.

So basically when we have support for groups, we should simple change the default realm roles option to become default groups. Also as you say there's no need for default application roles so I'll close that.

Correct?