[keycloak-dev] creating a realm UI

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 05:27:59 EDT 2013

On 3.9.2013 16:10, Bill Burke wrote:
> I was thinking about this a little more.  What does an admin need to
> create an initial social or SSO realm?  Minimally for 1st application?
>
> * Name of Realm
> * Name of Application
> * Credentials for Application (password)
> * Enable Social
> * Enable Registration
>
> So, initial page could be:
>
> New Realm Name: xxxxxxx
> Social X Registration X
There are much more options for realm, would those be accessible during
registration as well? It seems that we will also need something to
handle upload of public/private keys for particular realm to use that
realm? I wonder if it's good idea to initialize it from Keystore file,
which could be possibly uploaded through UI, but admin would need to
specify key alias/keystore password and key password in this case...

For social registration, it seems that we will need to specify which
social providers will be available for each realm (For example Realm X
will allow to register users through Facebook or Twitter, Realm Y will
allow users to register users through Google etc.) It seems that we will
also need that each realm will have different combinations for
consumerKey/consumerSecret for particular providers (actually it's
shared and consumerKey/consumerSecret are initialized from system
properties). Not sure if we want to allow all those settings to be part
of Realm registration page or later during realm editing?

Marek