[keycloak-dev] User actions

Gabriel Cardoso gcardoso at redhat.com
Tue Sep 17 14:48:31 EDT 2013

> Yes, the flow should be:
>
> * User tries to login to an application and realizes that he doesn't remember password
> * Click on reset password
You mean the "Forgot password" link in the login page, right?

> * A page shows that an email has been sent to the user (including a link to resend)
Don't we need a page for the user to fill in his password? This is the common practice. Forgot password is a link and not an action in the login screen, so the user expects to be redirected to a page. (See attachment 1 and 2)

> * The user then receives an email with a link that the user clicks on
I made a proposal. See attachment 3.

> * When the user has clicked on the link the user is brought to the reset password form and can insert a new password (and password confirmation)
Attachment 4

> * When the user submits the reset password form the user is logged in to the realm and redirected to the application
Some applications give a feedback that the password has been saved and redirect the user to the login page. Isn't that because of some security issue? (See attachment 5).

> How long the user has to click the link in the email depends on the Realm settings. By default I think it should be 15 minutes (or something along those lines).
I put this information in the email (attachment 3).

> There's also other cases:
>
> * Admin initiates reset on behalf of user - in this case a user gets a email, but once the password is changed the user is redirected to the account management pages
Proposal in attachement 6

> * In the above scenario if there was not a validated email associated with the user the user is given a temporary password by the admin - on the first login with this temporary password the user is required to change it
Attachment 7

> * A password could have expired, in which case the user is required to change it on next long

Attachment 1:

Attachment 2: feedback

Attachment 3: email
-----

Keycloak Password Reset

Hi Gabriel,

Someone just requested to change your Keycloak account's password.

If this was you, click the link below to set a new password:
https://www.keycloak.com/forgot?forgot_key=wOhBexgXAiY4iKdetfbDaP6kCAhIp-Mq

This link will expire within 15 minutes. If you don't want to reset your password, just ignore this message and nothing will be changed.

Thanks,
The Keycloak Team

----

Attachment 4

Attachment 5

Attachment 6:
-----

Keycloak Password Change

Hi Gabriel,

Your password has been changed by a Keycloak administrator.

Please access your account and update your password in the link below:
https://www.keycloak.com/forgot?forgot_key=wOhBexgXAiY4iKdetfbDaP6kCAhIp-Mq

Thanks,
The Keycloak Team

----

Attachment 7

What do you think?

Gabriel

--
Gabriel Cardoso
GateIn Portal | User Experience Designer