[keycloak-dev] Marek Re: What is everybody working on?

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Sep 19 10:32:45 EDT 2013

On 19.9.2013 14:35, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 9/19/2013 4:44 AM, Marek Posolda wrote:
>> On 19.9.2013 03:29, Bill Burke wrote:
>>> This may change depending on what we decide for M1, but I'm working
>>> right now on:
>>>
>>> * Getting Gabriel's new screens incorporated as best as possible into
>>> existing admin UI
>>> * I've designed on paper the core screens for admin UI.  I'll be
>>> implementing based on Gabriel's existing styles.  I'll need to have a
>>> feedback iteration loop with Gabrield to move forward.  It has to be
>>> give and take.  Meaning, I need to be allowed to improve Gabriel's
>>> screens and vice-versa.  It's seemed more one-way so far...
>>> * Reorganizing Javascript so we can work in parallel together
>>>
>>> I'll have something to show by next Tuesday.  I'll be committing early
>>> and often before then if you want to see what's going on.
>>>
>> I am working on MongoDB backend and performance tests and possibly would
>> like to send PR by the end of the week. Besides that I have open JIRA
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-64 to simplify social
>> registration workflow and adapt it with required actions, which is
>> needed for M1 IMO.
>>
>> My other JIRAS are:
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-26 - This will required account
>> management screen
>
> Depending on your workload, this can be pushed to the next release.
> Keep in mind this is just a milestone release!
yep, I agree.

>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-12 -
>
> I'll comment on this jira too.  Applications will not be at the same
> level as Realms.  Applications will live and be managed by a realm.
> This means we will be doing social provider configuration at the Realm
> level, not at the application level.  So, IMO, there's no need to
> share social configurations.
Currently configuration of Social providers is done via System
properties and it's shared for whole Keycloak (all realms and
applications). So this needs to be addressed anyway. Not sure how big
priority this is and if we need to address this in M1?

> So, Marek, you could be responsible for persistence backends and new
> social providers?

yes, that would be nice. Just a note that I won't be probably much
available in next 2 weeks (new family member expected :-) )