[keycloak-dev] Keycloak server config

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 08:58:22 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

This approach lets you configure LDAP servers globally. Then refer to them in the realm config. Basic idea is that you pull the environment specific stuff (i.e. ldap server hostname) out into a global config.

You may for example have two KC servers with the same config, but they are deployed at different data-centres so hostname of ldap server could be different. Also let's you switch between dev, test and production environments while still keeping realm config the same.

> > * SMTP servers (currently per-realm, but it would be better to create
> > global config that can be selected in realm)
>
> Not sure I agree with this either.  While the SMTP server IP address may
> be the same the username, password, and "From" may be different per realm.

Same as above, you use this to configure the SMTP server. In the realm you then select which SMTP server you want, then specify username/password and from on a realm level.