[keycloak-dev] Keycloak Admin Console UI - a little guide

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 10:48:56 EDT 2014

On 8/4/2014 8:43 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as part of the UPS release we are improving our own 'user guide' for the
> UPS. Current status is visible here:
> http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/
>
> In this guide, there is a section that is called "Administration of the
> UnifiedPush Server", which should be explaining the Keycloak's Admin
> Console UI features (see [1]). The doc would contain a bunch of
> screenshots and little sentences to explain the reason of these
> different screens, similar to:
> http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/admin-ui/
>
> However, before starting too early on this document, I was wondering
> about a few things :-)
>
> * there is no such 'Console UI guide' from the Keycloak team, atm -
> right ? If so, that's totally fine and I am happy to create one for UPS.
> Hopefully some of its conent can be reused by the KC team. Would be cool
> if we can work on improving that document together

Our console guide is pretty much mixed in with our normal docs.  We
wouldn't have a separate guide I don't think.  There's really not much
of an API to document and it is all config files, and admin UI.  What we
need to do is add screen shots and stuff.

> * are you guys planning significant changes to the Admin Console UI,
> after the beta4 has been released? I've seen some PRs around "UI
> federation" (I am not familiar w/ the details around that), but that
> seems to be done once we have the beta4 release available.

Federation stuff is already in  (last week).

Some UI changes that might come in:

* Scope pages for application/oauth client will have option to allow any
role.
* I'm thinking of combining oauth client and application together.  need
to get feedback from Stian and Marek though before I do this.

Other than that, there will only be minor cosmetic changes.

Bill