[keycloak-dev] tooltips started

Gabriel Cardoso gcardoso at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 16:33:05 EDT 2014

Hi Bill,

Here is my proposal:

- Remove the tooltip from the heading and display it as a help text below.

- Place the info icons close to the labels instead of inputs. Use icons from font awesome: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icon/info-circle/

- Use tooltips placed at the top, so the user can still see the input on the right.

I believe you don’t need some tooltips. In this page, for instance, available roles and application is pretty obvious (my opinion).

Patternfly is working on this. Here an excerpt of their draft: "To ensure that it remains effective and useful, use help text sparingly in your forms. Striving to minimize the amount of help text on your forms will push you toward better design solutions. Use help text to explain unfamiliar fields (particularly for new or infrequent users) or syntax for complex fields. Don’t use help text to compensate for the shortcomings of your forms."

Gabriel