[keycloak-dev] release? Stan?

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 07:55:03 EST 2014

> Should we upgrade to WF 8.2 and also do some changes to the distro before release?
I don't see a reason not to go to WF 8.2.  If we do that, let me know so
I can run a quick smoke test on the subsystem before we release.

> With regards to distro we should move the adapters and examples into separate downloads. Also, we should move the examples into a separate github project (keycloak/keycloak-examples). This will make it easier for those that wants to fork the examples separately.
>
> Also, we should consider a download based on the web-lite profile. For non-JavaEE apps, containers (Docker) and those that want to run a standalone KC server it would be nice to have a small as possible distro.
Depending on how the feature pack turns out, we might be able to offer
many flavors of the appliance distro without any additional effort.  We
could have:
EAP6 + Keycloak
AS7 + Keycloak
WF8 (web) + Keycloak
WF8 (full) + Keycloak
WF 9 beta (web) + Keycloak
WF 9 beta (full) + Keycloak
etc.

I wonder, should we do that?  We need to think about how the world looks
now that a componentized server becomes a reality.