[keycloak-dev] Federated Identity and Authentication Broker

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 08:36:14 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

The broker endpoint expects the idp id in order to start the authentication process. Today, the endpoint also expects KCs authorization code in order to validate requests from clients and use it as a state to validate responses from the trusted idps.

This authorization code is a blocker for this use case, given that mobile don't have this code and just want to start the authentication.

A possible solution would be to change the broker to also accept a client_id to reference the mobile app and perform some validations based on that. Something like that:

1) Mobile displays a Facebook button
2) User clicks the button and mobile sends a request to KC Broker with the idp id and his client_id.
3) KC Broker checks if the client_id is valid and creates a temporary authorization code.
4) KC Broker redirect mobile to the chosen IdP to perform authentication.
5) KC Broker receives a response from the IdP, generate its own token and send it back to mobile

Makes sense ?