[keycloak-dev] theme thought

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 08:52:43 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

As you login to a SSO realm, and not an individual app, shouldn't it be the same?

> > Internationalization will be taken care of by locale specific message
> > bundles (e.g. messages_no.properties). We could also add the option of
> > having locale specific templates (e.g. login_no.ftl), not sure that would
> > be needed though.
> >

> message bundles work great for logging messages.  I'm not sure its
> always the case for rendered content.  I've also been told in the past
> that different cultures prefer different color schemes.

True, so you may need local specific stylesheets as well

> I don't know what the right answer is, but its something that should be
> researched for best practice.

Yup, that's the main reason I've not included internationalization support now ;)

> > I'm not sure how correct locale is discovered either, I'm sure there's
> > folks on the portal theme that knows this ;). We may need to add an option
> > to pass it as a query param from the app though. With the hostname
> > examples you've given wouldn't those be app urls rather than keycloak
> > urls?
> >

> Answering my own question: Openid Connect supports locale as a query param.

Seems like every time when I propose to add a query param to the login url, OpenID connect has done the same ;)