[keycloak-dev] Aerogear UPS + External Keycloak boostrap

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Feb 6 21:15:00 EST 2014

We still need to figure this out.

Can't port mappings be set up from the cartridge config so the
as7/wildfly mgmt HTTP interface can be exposed?  There's also a problem
of setting up credentials for the as7/wildfly HTTP mgmt service.  Quite
honestly, I'm not sure how we can use a Wildfly subsystem for this.

We just might have to build support for all this within the keycloak
adapter itself.  Allow it the ability to modify the keycloak.json file.
  Then you only have one Aerogear UPS + Keycloak cartridge.

1. UPS would use a preconfigured co-bundled Keycloak for initial login
2. Initial login would require you to change the admin password
3. UPS Admin page allows you to switch Keycloak realms.
4. Switching a realm automatically creates the UPS Application on the
new Keycloak realm.  It also rewrites the keycloak.json file, and also
modifies the adapter's runtime config.

Am I making any sense?