[keycloak-dev] Running unit tests with different model implementations

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 17:50:04 EST 2014

On 2/10/2014 4:51 PM, Marek Posolda wrote:
> I prefer 1 but it's more work and more required changes of current
> project structure. wdyt?

I agree. I thought that was the plan even before this email.  That we
needed restructuring of the codebase to separate JAX-RS code from
business logic, from model logic.  That we needed more comprehensive
testing.

Minimally, to do this work we have to wait until after Alpha 2 (end of
this week).  But my preference is that there is no refactoring work at
all until we're done with core feature implementations or unless a
feature needs the refactoring.  I just don't want merge conflicts
distracting people from feature work.  Stan took awhile to merge his
keycloak subsystem because our code was a moving target.  I've had
delays before because of merge conflicts as well.

My thought is that we will have a few more Alphas every 2-3 weeks.
Going into Beta will mean that our major features have been implemented
and we'll then start focusing on test coverage, refactoring, cleaning up
code, documentation, and polishing the project.

But, Stian can be the tie-breaker here if he wants this refactoring to
happen sooner rather than later.  I'll go with what he wants.