[keycloak-dev] possible change to subsystem format

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 19:02:48 EST 2014

Old format was

<realm>
    realm info
    <secure-deployment name="war name">
       app specific deployment
    </secure-deployment
</realm>

For now, I'm getting rid of the concept of a realm.  So it will just be:

<secure-deployment name="war name">
   all the config you'd see in a keycloak.json file
</secure-deployment>

The benefits of this is that it will be really easy for the keycloak
admin console to initiate a deployment.  Also, not sure yet, but we may
end up having an "UNCONFIGURED" mode for keycloak adapters.  Where they
aren't attached to a realm/application, but are applied to the WAR
deployment (see the Aerogear hread).

The downside to this is that there will be duplicate config if there is
more than one app on the server.  Later on I'll add a "realm-ref"
element or something to secure-deployment so we can define common realm
data elsewhere.  I'll do that next iteration.

Bill