[keycloak-dev] Jenkins

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 05:43:35 EST 2014

I've created job in internal jenkins to build keycloak master:
https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/Keycloak/job/keycloak_master_commit/

This build should be triggered automatically after new PR is merged to
git at github.com:keycloak/keycloak.git . Currently you can see that build
is failing due to some errors in references to parent-poms but this
should be fixed after you merge my PR
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/202 .

You need to be on RH VPN to see the build. If you want to do some
changes in build configuration or create new build, you will need to
login into Jenkins (use your RH kerberos credentials). If you have
access to
https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/Keycloak/job/keycloak_master_commit/configure
we are fine.

Do you want to trigger job automatically just when PR is merged or also
when someone send PR? AFAIK Jenkins has support just for the former. We
have setup the latter in gatein-portal, but that doesn't use RH Jenkins
but some other CI AFAIK. I can ask Thomas if you want this too, but do
you think it's needed? IMHO it is quite sufficient to trigger build just
when PR is merged?

One of the advantages of our jenkins is, that it has support for all
databases. If you want me to continue, I will try to add more builds. I
think we need:
- Build for running testsuite with mongo
- Matrix build for run unit tests with all RDBMS
- Matrix build for run testsuite with all RDBMS

When I finish UUID stuff (String Id generated by java.util.UUID instead
of autogenerated by DB), we will be hopefully fine with all databases
and won't see more DB related issues.

Marek