[keycloak-dev] WildFly subsystem and demo

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 07:16:20 EST 2014

I've just tried out deploying the demo manually using the WildFly subsystem. It's very cool and I really like how the WildFly subsystem has made things so much simpler. Some comments though on my "experience" trying this out.

1. Having to edit standalone.xml to add secure-deployment requires restarting the server. In installation tab we could have an additional option that lists the jboss-cli command to add this at runtime

2. Customer portal error messages are horrible at best. First I forgot to deploy the database services, which caused the exception "Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')". This should have probably been something like "Database services not found". Then I deployed database services, but used the wrong WAR name in the secure-deployment and the error message was the same, but should have been "Unauthorized".

3. Finally, it's not clear enough in the log output when the Keycloak sub-system acts on a deployment and when it doesn't. We definitively need something along the lines of:

   INFO [org.keycloak.wildfly] Keycloak configured for 'customer-portal.war'

   Could also be an idea to add (not sure if it should be info or debug):

   DEBUG [org.keycloak.wildfly] Ignoring 'customer-portal.war'