[keycloak-dev] WildFly subsystem and demo

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 11:24:48 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

Yes, it's just a bunch of bash scripts. I was going to use this as a way of automatically configuring the db. When you create KC you can choose to add the MySQL or PostgreSQL add-on cartridges, and on first startup it would detect if one is available and automatically re-configure the db.

> > One solution could be to have "deployable" config files in the same way as
> > you can put "-ds.xml" files in standalone/deployment. That could be
> > simpler for OpenShift at least. Basically you'd:
> >
> > 1. Create KC cartridge
> > 2. Open admin console, create the app, download a "myapp-keycloak.xml"
> > 3. Add "myapp-keycloak.xml" and your war to deployments and git push to
> > redeploy it
> >

> Why wouldn't you just crack open the war and put in keycloak.json?

Because you need to crack it open. Also, for the future if you change the config in KC, or you make some updates to your war, you're required to do it again.

IMO config should never ever be inside a WAR ;)