[keycloak-dev] social login and remember me

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 09:22:34 EST 2014

Added Gabriel to see if he has a good idea

With the current L&F I can only think of two solutions (neither of which I particularly like):

1. Have it under username/password - probably means no-one is going to associate it with a social login
2. Have on under username/password and one under all social logins - I think this will look weird, and not convinced people will associate it with a particular login

Is there a way we can not require this for social logins? Social networks would already provide this mechanism so if we can somehow integrate with that, we wouldn't need it. One idea would be to set a cookie when a user has used a social login, then test if they are still logged in with that automatically.

Another thing to consider is when we introduce a "trust this machine" option as well. For example when you use multi-factor auth on Google, and at least a few other sites, they give you an option of trusting a particular machine/device so it won't ask for totp on every login. AFAIK Google asks you again for password after some days (30?!), but never asks for totp again on the same machine.