[keycloak-dev] 1.0 Final roadmap

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Wed Feb 26 09:26:18 EST 2014

Hi Bill, I’m not sure if this is planned, but don’t hurt to ask. For Aerogear we have the following needs and I would like to help if it's planned for Keycloak (I don't want to create overlappings)

- Data sync

Scenario: user must update the data on the server, but it must be stored encrypted.

I'm considering to generate a key pair during the "handshake" between client and server and send client's public key to the server. In this way prevent user's data violation.

- Unified push server

Currently the Push server requires a passphrase for iOS variants, something like (borrowed from https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/README.md):

curl -3 -v -b cookies.txt -c cookies.txt
  -i -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: multipart/form-data"
  -F "certificate=@/Users/matzew/Desktop/MyProdCert.p12"
  -F "passphrase=TopSecret"
  -F "production=true"  // make sure you have Production certificate and Provisioning Profile

  -X POST https://SERVER:PORT/CONTEXT/rest/applications/{pushApplicationID}/iOS

The passphrase is sent over the wire in raw text because that's required by Apple (thanks Apple). To prevent exposing user's passphrase. I was wondering about a key agreement to stabilish a shared secret between client/server, into this way the client could send that passphrase encrypted and the server decrypts it on the fly to send push messages.

Do you guys have something similar like that, planned? Or totally out of the scope? I could help.

- Legacy authentication

Currently we have basic/digest supported on the client side (yep, they are pretty much unsafe, but, legacies...). Is it something planned to be supported on Keycloak? What would be the alternatives?

Regarding the adapters, we could help with it for sure.

--
abstractj