[keycloak-dev] 1.0 Final roadmap

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Feb 26 09:42:59 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

Nice :)

> > We probably need a separate thread to discuss this, but it's important that
> > users can view what applications can currently access their account and
> > revoke access to individual apps. This means we need to know what refresh
> > tokens are valid, and which have been revoked by a user.
> >

> Crap.  I forgot about this.  Thanks for reminding me.
>
> >> * Remember Me for social logins
> >> * Federation of users/credentials with LDAP/AD.  Hopefully through
> >> Picketlink.
> >
> > Is this really required for the first release?
>
> If we want to be considered in Middleware BU as an SSO solution, we need
> this.  Also will relieve some tensions with PL team hopefully if we
> leverage their stuff.

Makes sense

> >> * User session management.  Admin can logout a user.
> >> * Audit log.
> >
> > Related things we'll need are brute force protection (including max failed
> > login attempt before locking a users account) and email notifications on
> > certain events.
> >

> Wouldn't it be better just to add a 1 second sleep?  Checking max failed
> logins would require persistence per authentication.

I think it's something that's a hard-requirement for anyone with really strong security needs. I'd assume it would be an optional feature.

For audit we'll need to persist failed logins, maybe also last logins. We can piggy-back on that.

Admins should be able to go to the admin console and view the recent audit logs. Users should also be able to see events related to their account.