[keycloak-dev] Refactoring Model

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 09:34:41 EST 2014

I'll do a 2nd rev of this refactoring today and get rid of the
ClientModel.agent and special roles too.

> One idea I had was to rename ApplicationModel to ResourceModel. A resource would only have name and roles. No web-origins, redirect-uris, secret or scope mapping. Then we'd add an option to ClientModel to automatically grant access instead. I think that makes the distinction clearer. Basically if your modelling something that is accessed through roles, you create a resource. If you're modelling something that wants to login users you create a client. And as some clients would be "internal" they have the option of automatically being granted permissions.

I like that for an implementation detail at least.  Not sure about
propagating that idea to the admin console though.

Applications have always been special in that they don't require an
oauth grant page, can be administered, you can log out of them, and
eventually we'll have screens for session management and stuff and
things like that for them.  For clustering, at least for Wildfly/JBoss,
I don't even think it makes sense to have the idea of a "deployment" as
I believe cluster nodes would get the same configuration from the domain
controller (client_id, secret, etc.).  What we can do for a cluster is
make Admin URl a Set<URI> maybe even the same with Redirect URI.

I do think I want to rename OAuth Client to Client though.