[keycloak-dev] Keycloak release

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Jan 7 09:18:03 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

I can start this - would be cool to have a logo and a nice website for alpha release, but definitively not a blocker

> > * Dist/examples - Upgrade to WildFly CR1. With WildFly CR1 they introduced
> > a new minimal dist, maybe we could use this to reduce the dl size?
>
> What's status on Openshift Quickstart?  FYI, patching AS7 is no longer
> required to run on AS7.  Please see examples/as7-eap-demo/server.  Are
> you familiar with Docbook?  Can you write up how to set up the Openshift
> Quickstart?

The OpenShift Quickstart just downloads and extracts a dist from somewhere, so can be upgraded to the WildFly dist by just changing the URL it downloads. I'll need to learn Docbook in any case if we're using that for docs, so yes I can write the instructions on getting it up and running on OpenShift.

I can also write some other sections if you want some help with docs.

> For dist, I was going to provide the following downloads:
>
> Zip 1 Appliance:
> * examples/as7-eap-demo
> * examples/wildfly-demo
> * docs/
> * A pre-configured Wildfly CR1 Dist
> * adapters packaged as different jboss modules zips
> * lib/as7-adapter
> * lib/wildfly-adapter
> * exploded server WAR
>
> Zip 2:
> * examples/docs
> * adapters packaged as different jboss modules zips
> * lib/as7-adapter
> * lib/wildfly-adapter
> * exploded server WAR

Is the lib/*-adapter needed?

What's the purpose of the exploded server WAR?

> We would still need the following components to build on top of a
> Wildfly minimal dist:
>
> * Embeddable DB
> * JPA
> * Web
> * JAX-RS
>
> I was actually thinking of writing a utility that scanned a jboss
> module's dist to determine subsystems and their dependencies.  Its
> pretty difficult to figure out now with the current Wildfly build.

If we do provide a slimmed-down dist, we should also provide the instructions to deploy easily to a full WildFly. I imagine at least devs will want to have both their apps and Keycloak on a single server.