[keycloak-dev] examples/distro reworked/improved/finalized PLEASE TRY!

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Jan 9 10:18:23 EST 2014

I haven't had much time to play with this yet, but will do today/tomorrow. Although if you're not accepting PRs after today, there may not be any point? There's two outstanding PRs related to examples are you going to merge those?

Some comments on the distributions:

Instead of having these download bundles I think it would be better to have downloads for each individual thing:

keycloak-bundle-<version>.zip

- keycloak-<version>
  - bin
  - deployments/auth-server.war (exploded)
  - ..

keycloak-war.zip

- auth-server.war (exploded)
- auth-server.war.dodeploy
- keycloak-ds.xml

keycloak-wildfly-adapter.zip
keycloak-eap-adapter.zip
keycloak-as7-adapter.zip

Reason for this is that it allows devs to download what they want rather than a huge bundle. For example:

* To install the server all you want is the server
* If running Keycloak on OpenShift all you need is the one adapter for whatever application server you're using

We could move examples into a separate github project and the documentation would instruct people to get it from there. That way we can add/edit examples after a release. This is the way JDF does it, and I would think that eventually Keycloak examples would be moved into there.

It may also be good to have these zips available in Maven central as that makes it simpler for other projects to build their own distributions that includes Keycloak. I can imagine AeroGear guys may be interested in that.