[keycloak-dev] Release next Monday or Tuesday

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 09:09:56 EST 2014

There's still some outstanding issues, and some PRs to commit

PRs:

* Marek has spent a fair amount of time to update the third-party example to JSF. I think we should at least commit this, and possibly also update the other examples to JSF (there's not many people that use JSP any more). We should also make sure the different versions of the examples are in-sync.
* There's some issues in example README's some of which are fixed in a PR by Karel Piwko
* OAuth Client installation page - to configure a "third party" app you need the same info as to configure an app, so I've added an installation page under clients
* Rename prn to sub - this has been renamed in the JWT spec a long time ago, and we should commit this before we push an alpha

Outstanding issues:

* ClassCastException (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-256) - seems to be a Resteasy issue (this is a blocker IMO)
* /auth-server/admin/ doesn't work (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-255) - this is a WildFly issue but we can add a simple work-around
* Style issue in realm import (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-257)
* No warning if require SSL is enabled and not using https (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-252) - If this option is enabled neither the admin console or account mngt works, they just redisplay the login form without any warning. I propose that we add a simple check to RealmsResource#getTokenService that returns an error page if realm requires ssl and request is not https://.....

I propose that we hold off the release a few days, so we can get the above issues resolved. Also, it would give us a bit more time to test the examples and review docs when they are ready. We can aim for "code freeze" on Monday, with a release on Wednesday?