[keycloak-dev] Move instructions to configure social providers into documentation

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Jan 16 11:55:13 EST 2014

Currently when adding a social provider there's a link (?) that opens a modal panel with instructions on how to configure the app with the social provider itself. For example when adding Google there's some instructions on how to create the application and what key/secrets should be added in the admin console.

Recently both Google and Facebook have changed their console making the way these are configured quite different. To update the instructions we're then required to update the admin console. As I see it there's two options:

a) Remove this feature and the required instructions to the Keycloak documentation - this is my prefer option
b) Make the social provider itself provide the instructions as a html snippet - this makes it possible to update the social provider jar and nothing else (for example keycloak-social-google.jar)

Thoughts?