[keycloak-dev] priorities and who is available?

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 05:03:05 EST 2014

+1 To all of those, especially the WildFly sub-system

I've got some more stuff:

Features for LiveOak:

* Mongo store - this would be the default used in LiveOak
* Theme support for forms - I've got an idea how this will work and I'll send out an email about it next week

General features:

* Audit - at least audit basic events for now. Start with a basic audit spi, and a log based impl? Console, read, notifications, db, etc can come later.
* Security review - we should have a security review of code/features
* Code de-crapping - there's smelly code and duplicated code, time for some refactoring? Personally I'd like to see the code improved, but I don't want to spend weeks re-learning the code base either. A good approach would be to identify the biggest pain points, discuss a solution, refactor, then once refactored send out a summary email covering the changes
* Export/import - support dumping all data to a single json file. This will be useful for migrating db between versions, moving to a different store, backup, etc..
* Data migration plan - new releases will have new db schemas. A nice and simple approach to this is to use the export/import feature. We can have a pipeline that can converts a json export from version 1, to version 2, to version 3, etc..
* HMLT5/JS lib - we have a working JS lib in LiveOak for Keycloak, we should be able to pull this in with minimum effort
* Application/client types (service, public, mobile, ?) - there's a few things that are different depending on the client type. For example a public client (i.e. html5) are required to set a valid redirect_uri and doesn't require a password, while for a private client (i.e. rest service) redirect_uri is optional and password required
* Extend testsuite - add more tests to the testsuite, especially it would be great to see some tests for the admin console
* JPA db - test on production dbs (postgresql, mysql, do we even bother with oracle?)

Some comments in-line as well.